Since Sarah's big debut to turning 5, we have been very busy with lots of very boring stuff. However, between daycare drop offs and loads of laundry, we have been able to sneak in a few bits of excitement.
- Scott's birthday on the 1st started February off with a celebration. We went out with the Olivas for the dinner and had the worst waitress ever. However, there was plenty of wine and beer, so we really didn't care. And no matter how bad the waitress is - an evening out with friends and no kids is always a great evening.
- Nana (Gigi's mom) and Tom were down in Florida for all of January. They wanted some time with Papa and also enjoyed the escape from the CO winter. Although she and Tom are headed up to NC for a couple of months on their boat, she couldn't wait any longer. She came into town for a 5 day visit. We all had a fun time - complete with a special individual Nana-granddaughter day for each Sarah and Jaley. And so that Scott and I weren't left out, Nana treated us to free babysitting for an early Valentine's day evening out.
- On February 4th, Sarah took her next big step toward growing up. We enrolled her in Kindergarten. As of July 6th, 2009 she will officially be a big-school age kid.
- On the 14th, we spent Valentine day at the always romantic kids' museum. The weather was cold, but sunny. They girls had a great time enjoying the sights and sounds. Sarah, however, could have done without the smells of the petting zoo.
- This past weekend was all about Dora. I took Jaley to see Dora Live. It you don't already know, Jaley is OBSESSED with Dora. She has Dora everything - from dishes, to diapers, to dungarees. She is a walking Dora Trademark. The chance to see her live was better than a ticket to the Oscars. And the show didn't disappoint. While, I may not love Dora quite as much as Jaley - getting to take her to the show was second to none for me too.
- During the past couple of weeks Nana and Tom moved their boat north to Carolina. They are docked in Oriental, NC right now and on their way to Washington (NC not DC). It is only a two hour drive and they plan to get lots of visits in during the next 2 months.
- And to start those visits off right, Nana came up on Monday afternoon. She arrived at lunch time, did 3 loads of laundry, and cooked dinner. I walked in from work at 6pm and found out how nice it is to have a wife. Thanks Nana!!!!