And then came September. It feels like we are finally hitting our stride. I know where the grocery store, the post office, the bank, and both a good (fortunately) and very bad (unfortunately) dentist are located. I can navigate the school drop-off/pick-up routine by car or by bike and (usually) even make it on time. I have transferred my nursing license to California (though am not quite nursing yet). I am volunteering at the school and take my duties so seriously I have even "volunteered" extra to attend moms-only Halloween party that raises money for the school. Yes, it is a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
As we hit our stride in the regular everyday life, September has brought quite a few exciting happenings, too.
- Mick turned four!!! In my mind, four is a magic age. Old enough to be independent, but still innocent. I am trying to savior this time, because I know it will be gone so soon. He is an amazing boy.
- Jaley finally lost her first tooth!!! At 7 years old and in 2nd grade, she had a very long wait, but it finally happened. The tooth fairy did not disappoint, a little cash appeared in return for that treasured pearly white.
- Scott and I celebrated 15 years of His-and-Her-Towels!!! If we have been married this long, I better stop telling people I'm still 29-years-old - talk about a child bride. Jokes aside, I said "I Do" then and I would say it a million times over. The best two words I ever said.
- Nana visited!!! It didn't take a stagecoach, just Southwest. She came out and spoiled us. Having my mom around was like a secret elixir. It just made me better.
- Three Days in Napa!!! As a house warming gift/anniversary gift, Nana watched the kids while Scott and I went to Napa. The no kids and a little wine, was a less secret elixir, but it also made me felt better. It was a great long weekend.