You Know You Live in the Bay Area
Top Ten List
10. You know dozens of people who drive electric cars.
9. You think a 2,000 sq ft house is really big.
8. You know real estate takes a big jump after every big IPO (Go Twitter).
7. You plan your entire day around rush hour which starts at 4AM and ends at 11PM.
6. You always remember your reusable bags, because there are no plastic bags and paper ones will cost you.
5. Every person you know has a really cool dog and you fully expect dogs to come into restaurants.
4. You now consider one hour of rain or temperature in the 50's really bad weather.
3. Every person you talk to has either just finished or is just getting ready to completely renovate a house.
2. You know what the highway meter is, enough said.
1. Everyone is in really good shape. Young, old, small, tall, everyone is always on the move here.
I don't know if it quite explains it all, but it is an amazing and unique place. Just last week, Twitter's IPO instantly created 1,600 millionaires and 2 billionaires. But around here, that kind of stuff just happens. We, however, just did our regular thing. It was school and work and no vast millions added to our coffers. Thankfully, we did buy our house before Twitter's debut, so good news there, as real estate prices will be going up (although my East Coast mind finds that impossible).
Now it is onto Thanksgiving and we definitely have much for which to be thankful, including living in the wild and crazy place called the Bay Area.
That is life in the Stroller Lane.